This is my purchased i7-7700K gaming build. Presented after a lot of fitness to purpose and aesthetic consideration. PCPP spread these prices over 5 vendors, I picked three because I didn't like some of the timelines on parts. The EVO 960 is the most delayed part here.
(output is raw output from PCPP, Adjusted prices and vendors for actual purchase details)
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant
Images of build (so far)
Things I like so far about this case:
- It's about 3" shallower than my current case. Instead of bays on the inside, there's generous routing space for cables.
- The space behind the lowest fan bay in the PSU shroud contains two 3.5" bays, which are removable.
- Upon taking them out, you can pop out the 'floor', and mount the front chassis fan as a bottom intake.
- For now, I'm going to mount a SSD to the back of the CPU, but later I'll be removing the drive tray completely, once the M.2 drive arrives.
- The top opens up and the case comes with a screen to put there as a passive/active cooling solution.
- It's got a cleaner front than my arc mini R2.